Monday, October 10, 2011

Alive in Palacios

I was recently informed that people are eager to hear how things are going in Palacios, Cabañas.  Sorry I haven´t updated recently, I can only check my email at my site and I only come to the cybercafe in Ilobasco, the closest pueblo, once a week. Things are going well at my site.  The people are really nice and I love the area.  It´s pretty hot but I don´t mind it too much and I´m right beside the beautiful Rio Lempa.  I´ve gone fishing and there´s plenty of hiking to do in Palacios. I caught six fish with a pole made from a branch and a piece of string.  Either American fish are really smart or American fishermen are really stupid for spending so much money on their fancy fishing poles I´ve visited the school several times and I´ve been making house to house visits to get to know everyone in my community.  The only trouble I´m having is with my living situation but I´m hoping to get that figured out soon.  Luckily, I do have my own room but there are some other issues I hope to get resolved.  My host family is great.  My mom, Aracely, her two daughters Estela (22) and Leydi (3), and her neice, Geisy (13).  I would love to write more about Palacios but I´m short on time so I will plan on giving a more in depth update later.  I just wanted everyone to know that I am surviving life in Palacios and I´m living the Peace Corps life for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment